PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you request an estimate through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, requested procedure type, insurance company, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Estimate Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Estimate Information that we collect generally to fulfill any requests placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Estimate Information to:
Communicate with you;
Provide you an estimate for the approximate costs of requested imaging services;
Understand what our patients’ preferences and/or most common requests are.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Estimate Information is available to our employees and agents. We do not intend to share this information beyond our internal operations except for working with any contracted parties such as radiologists. We may share this information with the radiologist practice when it is necessary to provide a more accurate estimate.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you request an Estimate through the Site, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
2900 12th Ave N Suite 3E, Billings, MT, 59101, United States
By using the Estimate Tool and providing Estimate Information via the contact form, you agree to give us permission to contact you via your provided information. We will provide you with an estimate for the cost of your services. Understand we do our best to provide as accurate an estimate as possible but until the claim processes with the insurance company, there are other factors that may affect your benefits determination. You agree that it will only be an estimate and that your actual bill will be determined after your insurance company processes your claim. You agree to not hold Big Sky Diagnostic Imaging of Billings liable should the actual bill differ from the estimate.
When you provide Estimate Information you acknowledge that your information will be transmitted on the internet and stored on a server. If you opt to receive your estimate via email, there is a chance that the email could be intercepted by an unknown party and your information could be compromised. We intentionally ask for a minimum amount of information to provide the estimate. If you are uncomfortable providing your information via the provided form, call Big Sky Diagnostic Imaging of Billings at 406-237-5525 to get an estimate.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information, to notify you of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information, and to notify affected individuals following a breach of unsecured health information. This Notice summarizes our duties and your rights concerning your information. Our duties and your rights are set forth more fully in 45 CFR Part 164. We are required to abide by the terms of our Notice that is currently in effect.
1. Uses And Disclosures We May Make Without Written Authorization. We may use or disclose your health information for certain purposes without your written authorization, including the following:
Treatment. We may use or disclose your information for purposes of treating you. For example, we may disclose your information to another health care provider so they may treat you; to provide appointment reminders; or to provide information about treatment alternatives or services we offer.
Payment. We may use or disclose your information to obtain payment for services provided to you. For example, we may disclose information to your health insurance company or other payer to obtain pre-authorization or payment for treatment.
Healthcare Operations. We may use or disclose your information for certain activities that are necessary to operate our practice and ensure that our patients receive quality care. For example, we may use information to train or review the performance of our staff or make decisions affecting the practice.
Other Uses or Disclosures. We may also use or disclose your information for certain other purposes allowed by 45 CFR § 164.512 or other applicable laws and regulations, including the following:
- To avoid a serious threat to your health or safety or the health or safety of others.
- As required by state or federal law such as reporting abuse, neglect or certain other events.
- As allowed by workers compensation laws for use in workers compensation proceedings.
- For certain public health activities such as reporting certain diseases.
- For certain public health oversight activities such as audits, investigations, or licensure actions.
- In response to a court order, warrant or subpoena in judicial or administrative proceedings.
- For certain specialized government functions such as the military or correctional institutions.
- For research purposes if certain conditions are satisfied.
- In response to certain requests by law enforcement to locate a fugitive, victim or witness, or to report deaths or certain crimes.
- To coroners, funeral directors, or organ procurement organizations as necessary to allow them to carry out their duties.
2. Disclosures We May Make Unless You Object. Unless you instruct us otherwise, we may disclose your information as described below.
- To a member of your family, relative, friend, or other person who is involved in your healthcare or payment for your healthcare. We will limit the disclosure to the information relevant to that person’s involvement in your healthcare or payment.
3. Uses and Disclosures With Your Written Authorization. Other uses and disclosures not described in this Notice will be made only with your written authorization, including most uses or disclosures of psychotherapy notes; for most marketing purposes; or if we seek to sell your information. You may revoke your authorization by submitting a written notice to the Privacy Contact identified below. The revocation will not be effective to the extent we have already taken action in reliance on the authorization.
4. Your Rights Concerning Your Protected Health Information. You have the following rights concerning your health information. To exercise any of these rights, you must submit a written request to the Privacy Officer identified below.
- You may request additional restrictions on the use or disclosure of information for treatment, payment or healthcare operations. We are not required to agree to the requested restriction except in the limited situation in which you or someone on your behalf pays for an item or service, and you request that information concerning such item or service not be disclosed to a health insurer.
- We normally contact you by telephone or mail at your home address. You may request that we contact you by alternative means or at alternative locations. We will accommodate reasonable requests.
- You may inspect and obtain a copy of records that are used to make decisions about your care or payment for your care, including an electronic copy. We may charge you a reasonable cost-based fee for providing the records. We may deny your request under limited circumstances, e.g., if we determine that disclosure may result in harm to you or others.
- You may request that your protected health information be amended. We may deny your request for certain reasons, e.g., if we did not create the record of if we determine that the record is accurate and complete.
- You may receive an accounting of certain disclosures we have made of your protected health information. You may receive the first accounting within a 12-month period free of charge. We may charge a reasonable cost-based fee for all subsequent requests during that 12-month period.
- You may obtain a paper copy of this Notice upon request. You have this right even if you have agreed to receive the Notice electronically.
5. Changes To This Notice. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice at anytime, and to make the new Notice effective for all protected health information that we maintain. If we materially change our privacy practices, we will post a copy of the current Notice in our reception area and on our website. You may obtain a copy of the operative Notice from our receptionist or Privacy Officer.
6. Complaints. You may complain to us or to the Secretary of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You may file a complaint with us by notifying our Privacy Officer. All complaints must be in writing. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
7. Contact Information. If you have any questions about this Notice, or if you want to object to or complain about any use or disclosure or exercise any right as explained above, please contact:
Privacy Officer: Kyle Young
Address: 2900 12th Avenue North, Suite 3E, Billings, MT 59101
8. Effective Date. This Notice is effective September 1, 2013.